The manufacturer of YC series permanent magnets tells you that some people will encounter motor demagnetization in their lives. Let's talk about the reasons for the demagnetization of permanent magnet motors.
1. Demagnetization caused by the permanent magnet material itself. For example, NdFeB permanent magnets used in servo motors are currently the most magnetic permanent magnet materials, but their thermal stability is poor. Some materials have a heat-resistant temperature of 150°C. As long as the temperature exceeds 150°C, it will cause irreversible demagnetization.
2. Oxidation of permanent magnet material coating. For example, NdFeB permanent magnets contain a large amount of iron, neodymium and other metals, and the surface is easy to oxidize. Usually, epoxy resin coating or electrophoresis or electroplating coating is added to the surface during use. The manufacturer of YC series permanent magnets tells you that if the coating is The layer process is unqualified, and the process of use will cause demagnetization due to local oxidation of the permanent magnet.
3. The design of the motor is unreasonable. The manufacturer of YC series permanent magnets tells you that during the motor design process, the complete motor operating environment was not considered, resulting in the actual operating point being below the inflection point of the demagnetization curve or the internal temperature rise of the motor exceeding 150°C, etc., resulting in irreversible demagnetization.
4. The use environment is wrong. For example, the motor cannot be used under conditions such as high temperature, but the actual use environment temperature is too high or the vibration is severe, which will cause the magnet steel of the motor to demagnetize.
5. Long-term overload operation. Long-term overload operation of the motor will lead to excessive temperature rise, exceeding the heat-resistant temperature of the material, resulting in irreversible demagnetization.
6. The magnetic steel works under the AC magnetic field for a long time, and the magnetic shielding design is unreasonable, which leads to the demagnetization of the permanent magnet.
7. The cooling fan of the motor is faulty. The YC series permanent magnets manufacturer tells you that the heat dissipation is not timely, causing the temperature rise to exceed the heat-resistant temperature of the permanent magnet material, resulting in demagnetization.